Supporting excellence in teaching and assessment at Oxford
Oxford is committed to innovation and excellence in teaching and assessment, and to providing all students with an equal opportunity to thrive academically. Our success depends on our ability to continually refresh and consider new forms of education that are relevant to the University’s unique learning environment.
The Centre for Teaching and Learning sits within the University’s Academic Administration Division as a professional service to help departments and faculties facilitate the achievement of their educational ambitions. In order to do this, we work in partnership with divisions, other professional services and students.
We work to:
- Promote flexible and inclusive approaches to education that benefit our diverse student population
- Initiate, support and evaluate educational enhancement initiatives that address inequalities in academic participation and performance
- Realise the vision for a holistic and integrated digital learning environment available to all students that is used effectively by departments and faculties to help students navigate Oxford’s complex educational ecosystem
- Provide timely and relevant professional development pathways and networking opportunities for those who teach and support learning
- Showcase excellent and innovative teaching.
If you would like to stay informed about our activities, subscribe to our mailing list and termly newsletter. You may also like to follow us on Twitter @CTLOxford.
For general enquiries, please contact us at
Teaching & Learning Newsletter
Subscribe to our termly Teaching & Learning Newsletter