Reports and briefing papers
View reports and briefing papers written by the Centre for Teaching and Learning
Follow the links below to view reports written by the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
You can also view briefing papers for course leaders and departmental managers at Oxford published in 2020-21 and 2021-22 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that some of these reports and briefing papers have been saved behind Single Sign-On (SSO). If you do not have an Oxford SSO, you can request copies by contacting us.
Student Engagement through Partnerships project: Evaluation report, June 2022
The Student Engagement through Partnerships project: Evaluation report (SSO required) was created by external consultants as part of a project looking at how taught students’ engagement and feelings of belonging could be enhanced through meaningful student-staff partnerships within the central University. The report details the findings and recommendations resulting from the consultants' external review of the University of Oxford’s student engagement structures.
Supporting students’ academic transitions: Key findings and recommendations from our 2022 Student Experience Interns, January 2023
In 2022, our Student Experience Interns worked with staff to develop a range of resources to co-develop and carry out an educational research project into students' experiences accessing academic skills support at Oxford. Their executive report (SSO required) summarises their key findings and recommendations aimed at enhancing academic literacies support for students at Oxford when transitioning into and throughout their degrees.
Supporting students’ academic transition to Oxford: Perspectives from our 2021 Student Experience Interns, September 2022
In 2021, our Student Experience Interns worked with staff to develop a range of resources to support undergraduate students’ transition to University study. Their report, Supporting students’ academic transition to Oxford: Key findings and recommendations (SSO required), summarises educational research on students’ transition to university study, and provides examples of current interventions at Oxford and other universities. Read our news article to find out more about the report.
Students connecting: Advancing hybrid teaching and learning at the University of Oxford, January 2022
The Students connecting: Advancing hybrid teaching and learning at the University of Oxford report was written by researchers in the Department of Education. It is the final output from the HyTeL (Hybrid Teaching and Learning) project which was a collaboration between the Department for Education and the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
The HyTeL project aimed to develop an improved understanding of pedagogical practice within hybrid teaching spaces, and the report includes a number of key findings and recommendations.
The HyTel project was funded by the Improvements to Hybrid Teaching Facilities Project.
Reviews of teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Summary of the student feedback channel, Hilary term 2022
- What have we learnt from students' experiences of digital learning through the COVID-19 pandemic? (November 2021)
- Summary of the student feedback channel, Trinity term 2021
- Summary of the student feedback channel, Hilary term 2021
- Designing flexible and inclusive curricula: A case study at Oxford University (October 2020)
- Summary of the student feedback channel, Michaelmas term 2020
- Rapid review of teaching and assessment, Trinity term 2020
Canvas evaluation report of the Early Adopter Phase 2019, with annexes
- Canvas evaluation report of the Early Adopter Phase 2019
- Annex 1 - Staff Survey Questions
- Annex 2 - Staff Interview Questions
- Annex 3 - Student Survey Questions
- Annex 4 - Plan for Student Focus Group
- Annex 5 - Staff Survey Data
- Annex 6 - Student Survey Data
VLE Landscape Report 2016-17, with annexes
- VLE Landscape Report 2016-17
- Annex 1 - Core Principles
- Annex 2 - Staff Survey Questions
- Annex 3 - Student Survey Questions
- Annex 6 - Staff Interview Questions
- Annex 8 - TSC Report
E-exams Evaluation Report 2017-18
E-exams Landscape Report 2017-18
Lecture Capture Evaluation Report 2016
Student Digital Experience 2 (DIGE 2) Research Report 2015
For general enquiries, please contact us at
Teaching & Learning Newsletter
Subscribe to our termly Teaching & Learning Newsletter