Reading and Writing Innovation Lab
Collection of hardware and software to investigate the impact of the digital transformation on reading and writing
What is it?
As more and more of reading is moving to the digital realm, the Centre for Teaching and Learning has established a reading and writing innovation lab to help us keep track of the impact of the digital transformation on reading and writing.
The purpose of the lab is to:
- collect and test software and hardware and its various affordances for digital reading and writing
- enable the academic community to make better decisions about best technologies
- establish a platform for further research of digital scholarship
- provide a wider range of assistive technologies available to all.
Ultimately, we hope that as a result, more students and academics will be able to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to develop the same level of fluency with digital reading and writing as they are used to with paper.
How can you access it?
Book a consultation
- try one of these devices hands on at Littlegate House
- get an online consultation about appropriate device.
Attend a Tools Showcase
Periodically, we will run a showcase in one of Oxford’s libraries. Contact ReadingAndWritingLab@ctl.ox.ac.uk for more information, or sign-up to the Centre for Teaching and Learning mailing list to be kept informed.