Advice for staff moving to online teaching, updated 5 January 2021
The new national lockdown means that teaching will take place remotely for the majority of taught students during Hilary term 2021. The Flexible and Inclusive Teaching (FIT) framework that was introduced in the summer will be useful for staff who are preparing to teach remotely.
I’m experienced in in-person teaching and want to know more about teaching remotely:
- watch the Introduction to Flexible and Inclusive Teaching video (16 mins)
- review the guidance for relevant teaching scenarios below
- gain confidence using the ‘big four’ tools: Canvas, Teams, Panopto and ORLO.
I’ve been teaching remotely at Oxford and want to explore further:
- enrol on the FIT Canvas resource
- join the Teaching Oxford Remotely discussion mailing list to share your experiences and ask questions
- watch the recorded webinars, we recommend ‘Student reflections on remote learning’.
If you have any specific questions about teaching online, please email the Teaching Remotely Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.